Thursday, June 26, 2008

We Shall Return Part III

Continuation...

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." ~Gilda Radner

9. IBM Thinkpad Laptop
This thing may not be the newest laptop now but it really is the best we had in our busy days (imagine it edgematched 23 maps). Wow! That is definitely an accomplishment.






10. Sandals

Our bossing’s sandals. When he left for Australia, I borrowed it even though he didn’t know. Hehe. It helped my feet breath for a while.







11.U
PS
Loads of times NPA bombed TRANSCO’s electric pylons thus numerous Mindanao-wide and citywide blackouts occurred and this little buddy helped me several times in saving my work.






12. Cabinet

The jam-packed cabinet in the room consists of map books (ArcView, ArcMap, and Edrisi manual/tutorial), map newspapers and bond papers.






Plus, I’d also miss these things:
Classified image of Mt. Hamiguitan made by
one of our former colleague located right at the door, our bossing’s working area (na nilulumot na) because no one is using it, our little buddies (stapler, scotch tape, pens, etc), bin of scratch paper (the one I used in printing the gazillion pages of Harry Potter), another pc unit I used in edgematching maps, and the poster of our project which I really don’t understand why it is place inside our room rather than outside.






After living and working here for 20 months now, this thing called maps is our job, digitizing, quality control, overlaying and edgematching.

June 30 is coming and yet I don't even know what I will feel when that dreaded Monday comes, but as for now it is better to say goodbye (sayonara) to our beloved office because as they say "All good things will come to an end".


"The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning." ~Ivy Baker Priest



No comments: